100 Years Ago – February, 1913
From the Minute Book
The meeting of the Executive Committee which met at St Andrew’s Bible Class rooms on 28 February 1913 was attended by only five of its members, Messrs Kelly and H.Campbell, Revs Asher Waugh and Grant.
Rev Waugh reported that he had visited Gisborne in the interests of ‘Iona’; that he had spent eight days there; that he got nineteen distinct promises of help and that in addition help might be expected probably to the amount of ₤100.
Rev Grant reported that he had made a flying visit to Feilding and Palmerston North mainly with the view of getting the Ministers there more warmly interested in ‘Iona’.
The Church Property Trustees were to be asked if they would be prepared to offer Debentures to the maximum of ₤9000.
It was agreed that immediate affect be given to the calling of tenders for the building.
It was agreed that the levelling of the site be gone on with at once.